NABH Consultant Service In India
Our NABH and Hospital Consultancy Division of Holistic2healthy is New Quality Consultancy Services
What is NABH?
- National Accreditation Board of Hospital & Healthcare Providers
- NABH is a constituent board of Quality Council of India(QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation and other allied programmes for healthcare organizations
- QCI established in 1997 through a Cabinet decision of the Government of India (GoI) – QCI is an autonomous organization under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
What is NABH Certification?
A Third-party audit of your Hospital Quality by independent person (Assessor) Empanelled by NABH (Government Autonomous Body) focusing on patient safety and quality of healthcare by adopting various national/international best practices. It Ensures -
- Patient Safety
- Legal Safety
- Professional Safety
- Staff Safety
- Financial Safety
WHO CAN GO FOR NABH
- Hospital above 10 Beds
- Single Specialty Hospital (Eye, ENT) No bed criteria
- Blood Bank
- Medical Imaging System (CT/MRI/USG Centre)
- Dental Clinic
- Allopathic Clinic
- Aayush Centre
Benefits of NABH for the Hospital
- Existing TPA/Panel will continue due to IRDA Circular, NABH –Entry level mandatory for Hospital Empanelment & Continuation
- New Empanelment of TPA due to certified information on facilities, infrastructure& quality of care
- Cash Patient will increase due to increase in community confidences
- CGHS Empanelment& 10% Extra than non-NABH accredited.
- ECHS Empanelment& 10 %Extra than non-NABH accredited.
- In Ayushman Bharat 10% extra in entry level & 15% extra in Full accreditation
- Decrease in Hospital Acquired Infection, Rate of Pressure Ulcers(Bed Sores),Patient Mortality will increase quality of care & reduce operating cost
- Raises community confidence
- Opportunity to benchmark with the best
- Staff are properly Dressed with I card.
- Regularly Trained on Patient care Etiquette & Behavior.
- Proper Directional Sign Board for Lab, OPD, Reception, Casualty & other Services.
- List of Consultants with OPD Timings.
- Complaint/ suggestion Register/ Box for sharing their Experiences.
- Feedback of Patients analyzed & Corrective actions taken & informed to complainant
- There is Emergency Response Team to handle Fire , Violence issues & Medical Emergency.
- Patient Safety is priority, Grab bar , Side Rail, Fire alarm system
- Prevention of Hospital Acquired Infection
- Proper documentation of Visiting patient will safe you in Negligence Cases, So write Name date, time & Sign in each Visit.
- Take proper consent Bilingually (Hindi& English)before doing any procedure/ Surgery.
- Surgical safety checklist must be filled properly to ensure write patient, site & Emergency Preparedness like Blood & other arrangements.
- Regular Health checkup of staff.
- Vaccination of staff.
- Radiation exposure prevention & monitoring.
- Regular training & emergency response team for Violent Patient , Fire & Medical Emergency.
- Personal Protective equipment to avoid Legal Hassle & Other Problems
- Bio Medical Waste Act 2016- Regular Training on BMW to avoid Mismanagement of BMW.
- AERB Act- mandatory Registration of X Ray, C Arm & CT scan, TLD Badges for radiation exposure monitoring.
- Safety in MLC cases- Proper Documentation will protect you.
- Proper System to handle Medical Emergency like Code Blue Team
- Fire Safety Training will avoid mishappening in future & Staff will be aware about role in Fire Accidents.
MYTHS OF NABH
- It is a very lengthy procedure & it is not possible by small hospitals-It is a systematic process done by any hospital by the commitment of Top Management.
- It is a very costly Procedure-It is not very costly but revenue generating process for future& need of hour
- It requires drastic changes in infrastructure-It requires systematic modification to a certain extent to improve Patient & Hospital safety& quality of care.
- It can be taken by Money/ Under the table Method-It is very transparent procedure reviewed at various level by Expert Committee.
- A Hospital willing to accredited by NABH must implement NABH Standards in its Organization.
- The Hospital must implement NABH standards 3 months prior to application.
- The Pre & Final Assessment team will check the implementation of NABH Standards in the organization.
- The Hospital shall be able to demonstrate to NABH Assessment team that all NABH Standards applicable to Hospital are Implemented otherwise they will raise the Non Conformity (NC)
- You must close those NC’s &then case will be presented to accreditation committee.
- Then your hospital will be NABH Accredited.
- Ajay Pratima Hospital, Bareilly
- Global Hospital, Bareilly
- Kailash Eye Hospital Bareilly
- Garg Hospital & Path LabBareilly
- Ruchi Atul Hospital Bareilly
- Sunayan Eye Hospital Bareilly
- Kailash Hospital-Bareilly
- Mahesh Hospital Delhi
- R S Grover Hospital Delhi
- J P Memorial HospitalDelhi
- Valentis Cancer Hospital Meerut
- Chirag HospitalGurgaon
- Arya Hospital Delhi
- Patel HospitalDelhi
- Dharmdutt City Hospital Bareilly
- Deepmala HospitalBareilly
- Susheel HospitalBareilly
- Vaidik HospitalBareilly
- Advanced Neo Paeds Care Centre Bareilly
- Mahendra Gayatri Hospital Bareilly
- Alaunus Hospital Bareilly
- Srinath Medicity HospitalBareilly
- Saheed Bhagat Singh Eye Hospital Bareilly
- Galaxy Hospital Delhi
- Rajul Endoscopic Hospital Aligarh
- Kumar Nursing Home Aligarh
- Geetanjali Hospital Gurgaon
- Global HospitalBulandsahar
- P. D Gupta Mediscan CentreDelhi
- Goyal Hospital & Urology Centre Delhi
- Ganesh Diagnostic& Imaging Centre Delhi
- Care & Cure Hospital, Ghaziabad
- Swasthya Hospital, Delhi
- G R Hospital & Research Centre,Agra
- Agra Heart Centre,Agra
- Perfect Tyagi Hospital, Delhi
- Devendra Hospital, Bareilly
- Murti Nursing Home, Bareilly
- Choubey ENT Centre, Bareilly
- Medhansh Hospital, Bareilly